Friday, February 26, 2010

Can I glue the glass window of my 2000 convertible sebring back into the top? Using 3m weatherstrip adhesive?

It has come off only around the bottom of the window.Can I glue the glass window of my 2000 convertible sebring back into the top? Using 3m weatherstrip adhesive?
Try butyl rubber caulk or clear silicone instead of ';yellow death'; - (trade nickname for 3m super weatherstrip adhesive).Can I glue the glass window of my 2000 convertible sebring back into the top? Using 3m weatherstrip adhesive?
no. it won't work. best to take it to a glass shop. if you ignore it you risk a lot more problems from water leaks.
U normally need an epoxy %26amp; u need 2 take the pressure off the canvas %26amp; clamp it alot..weatherstrip is ok 4 moulding etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment