Saturday, February 27, 2010

What kind of glue/adhesive should I use for our wallpaper?

I'm totally clueless when it comes to things like this. The last time my mom and I wallpapered my room, the wallpaper was already self-adhesive. However, we bought another one last week and it was only when we got home that we realized that it was not self-adhesive. So right now, I'm asking for suggestions as to what glue (brand, kind, etc.) we should use and if there are other things we should consider before mounting the wallpaper. Thanks.What kind of glue/adhesive should I use for our wallpaper?
If the paper is not prepasted there are a number of different pastes you can use. Several things are considerations such as what surface it's going on, what room, your climate and the composition of the paper. It should say on the label if not contact the manufacturer.





Out of preference I prefer stripable paste.What kind of glue/adhesive should I use for our wallpaper?
It may not be self adhesive, but it probably is prepasted. Read the label. Very few papers are sold that are not. There are some specialty papers that aren't, but it sounds like yours isn't one of them.





If it truly isn't prepasted, any brand of wallpaper paste will work, and be strippable.








If you know how to wallpaper, you don't really need hints. The most obvious ones are don't wrap the paper around corners, and make sure you match the drops.
fyi if u live in a hot or humid climate, the glue from wallpaper actually attracts roaches, so maybe do some research on which kinds are better than others in that area
  • microsoft word
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment