Saturday, February 27, 2010

Got wallpaper glue/adhesive of some kind in my hair. Reactivates w/ hot water. Would maybe chem. relaxer get ?

Got wallpaper glue/adhesive of some kind in my hair while working w/ a co. He was spray soaking some of papers down first w/ a solution of water, a solvent/or dis-solvent that loosened the paper's glue backing, %26amp; a soap mix. After top layer w/ design was soaked, we could then peel it off wall. Was a second backing p.aper w/out a design to which he/we did the same thing, soak first, peel or scrape off. This is probably the point at which my hair swung forward (loose from my braid) %26amp; made contact w/ backing paper still guey w/ residue of glues from back of top layer paper (design layer) now down from walls. Whatever adhesive or chemicals residue was still in my hair, seemed to be fine after detangling %26amp; cutting away hard knots. But something was activated during the rinse out phase w/ hot water after conditioning (the last step...after first shampooing) %26amp; first, prior to both, after first detangling entire head of hair w/ 2 detangler sprays B4 going into shampoo. Noticed small rock hard knots during detangle that only came out w/ cutting them out. I was able to manually detangle/unravele one side (the side that had been in the braid that don't think made contact w/ the wall %26amp; sticky residue) later in the day same day after it occurred (went to church w/ tangled mess). But other side was so hard %26amp; so tight %26amp; so interwoven %26amp; wrapped around itself, that it wouldn't then, %26amp; still won't budge. Now, both sides need help, as wet the good side w/ a touch of those products that dissolve hair ext. glue, %26amp; w/ the vodka, which I think one or all of these made it, too, now, wrap around itself at the ends %26amp; I can't pull apart. Someone online suggested wallpaper glue dissolves in hot water, so I tried that thinking it would work, but the mess got even bigger, tighter, harder, %26amp; incorporated even more of my hair. Hot water obviously activates it or makes it mushy which begins to spread it %26amp; involve more hair. Now it is even higher on my head than before. Does anyone know if maybe a chemical hair relaxer might solve this safely %26amp; effectively while preserving my hair %26amp; not damaging it any further, %26amp; dissolve the whatever mixture of man made things or chemicals/etc. this is right out of my hair? One clerk said that she applies just the one portion of the chemicals that is used to chemically curl your hair back into her hair which relaxes the curl away %26amp; straightens her hair back to normal, if she has put too much curl into it. Would that maybe work w/ this? Or is that chemical overload?, This is a scary nightmare. I have fine/thin natural blonde but previously color enhanced processed hair, so it is too fragile to experiment w/. Locally someone suggested that believe it or not vodka will dissolve whatever adhesive is in there out, so I tried that %26amp; it almost like melted a bit of my hair. 3 yrs.ago something almost identical happened, only that time it was due to a creme conditioner that Sally's Beauty clerk reccommended along w/ other products spec. f/ my well water situation. She advised wrong type of conditioner f/ my needs (I needed one f/ BEFORE going into shampoo, she gave me one f/ AFTER. She said leave it in all day will provide even better results. Really bad advice! I did, but ignored the wet hair step first, as I was looking f/ a detangle spray that doesn't .f/ BEFORE heading in to shampoo, which can go on wet or dry, %26amp; I thought, my hair dries in seconds, whats the diff.? I was painting house exterior by myself (under duress fr/ landlord w/ a fabricated deadline to meet that suited THEIR schedule, not mine, or evictiction %26amp; working FT, too. So, I thought I'd save a few minutes. After conditioning my hair was like this, glued to itself %26amp; wrapped around like someone had whipped w/ a mixer %26amp; so intertwined that you can't tell where one end stops %26amp; ends. Wrapped so tight around each other that it is a nightmare. Can anyone help? I am desperate. Cutting would be a disaster. And not willing to undergo %26amp; endure the pain I went through 3 yrs. ago to pay salon girl to rip through it w/ a comb. I couldn't endure that drama this time, Plus, that pulled out too much hair in process %26amp; I believe there has to be something safe to remove whatever this nightmare is. I'd be willing to fly somewhere if you think you have the answer but need to see it first to be sure we're talking accurately about the exact same things. And, by now, I've got other things thrown in there, too, like a natural oil combination product from Sally's designed to remove hair extension glues, a similar, less natural, product only f/ ethnic hair, the most recent suggestion, vodka..so, stay away from me w/ matches. The Johnson detangling spray was reacting funny %26amp; was making entire strands of hair comb out from the scalp, which is not normal when I use my regular Mane 'n Tail detangling spray. But that Mane n Tail isn't always effective, either, so I was looking f/ a better more natural substitute, %26amp; Dollar Gen;. was no longer carrying Got wallpaper glue/adhesive of some kind in my hair. Reactivates w/ hot water. Would maybe chem. relaxer get ?
I wouldn't do a relaxer you don't know how that will react. I might try 1 Tbs. baking soda + 1 Tbs. clarifying shampoo. mix and shampoo in. leave on for 5 min. this will strip your hair so after you rinse put on a deep conditioner for 15 min. to seal your cuticle again. hope it works.Got wallpaper glue/adhesive of some kind in my hair. Reactivates w/ hot water. Would maybe chem. relaxer get ?
Just wash it out with a lot of warm water and maybe some shampoo under the shower - it should come out in under 5 min...

No comments:

Post a Comment