Saturday, February 27, 2010

So I did something dumb. Re-applying adhesive (just used krazy glue) to my throttle, and now it sticks.?

It has an exposed tip/side on the throttle. So I applied the krazy glue to the inside of the grip, twisted it on, and it held it. Turned it, now I have a throttle that'll stick almost wherever you leave it. I didnt realize it, but im sure that some of the superglue went into the springs/worked on the side of the throttle. so Ive been spraying it with goo be gone, and trying to get it to unstick. Not much luck so far, should I shoot some wd40 into it or what?





Really stupid situation I know, completely 100 percent my fault, but I could use some adviceSo I did something dumb. Re-applying adhesive (just used krazy glue) to my throttle, and now it sticks.?
hey no the best way to get krazy glue off is use Nail polish remover (acetone) trust me just pour some on a towel and wipe it off it will come right outSo I did something dumb. Re-applying adhesive (just used krazy glue) to my throttle, and now it sticks.?
Gonna have to replace the throttle...every time the sun hits it any tackiness in there is going to stick and you could get hurt if it gets stuck on high rpms when you are trying to stop.


Sorry dude....
Right next to superglue is a bottle called superglue remover (It's just acetone) , you MAY want to try that but who knows what that will do with the fluid around your springs.





Best bet- take it to a shop before harming your bike anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment