Saturday, February 27, 2010

What kind of adhesive/glue will best fit my application needs?

I recently purchased a GPS unit. The bracket arm that came included with the system has horrible suction, causing my GPS to fall off. A black circular (coaster-like) disc was successfully applied to the windshield. It has a strong adhesive bonding it to the windshield. This coaster-like disc is very securely attached (trust me, it ain't going anywhere anytime soon!). The bracket arm has a soft rubber suction cup at the end, that is then applied to the black coaster-like disc. The idea is that the suction cup will fasten securely to the black coaster-like disc. The problem is that the suction is so poor that the bracket arm just falls off, and with it....the GPS as well. I need a VERY STRONG and VERY FAST ACTING adhesive that will securely bond rubber and plastic together within a few short minutes. Which product should I use??? Remember : It has to be VERY strong %26amp; dry VERY fast. PLEASE HELP!!!! ;)What kind of adhesive/glue will best fit my application needs?
I would suggest an acetylene epoxy, like superglue gel? it will melt them together, basically.





if you can hold it for 30 seconds, you can get CA glue, in the models section of a hobby store.What kind of adhesive/glue will best fit my application needs?
ok use the same glue you would use for applying your mirror on your window cheap and easy to use can get it at any local hardwhere store
fast try the two step pvc plastic pipe glue and primer for pvc its about 5 bucks in the plumbers area of walmart more at depot but i like gorilla glue and plumbers goop its silacone based for a lot of apps but for either id set the parts together over night then reassemble OKOK
just a thought--could you change the suction cup ? as far as glue goes i have never found glue that worked on plastic -are you sure its not vinyl (not plastic) then at hardware store theres a glue made for that top of my head cant think of it--its no PVC glue but close to it--I'm sure if you asked they would know-hope that helped some

No comments:

Post a Comment