Friday, February 26, 2010

I want to glue fabric to a piece of vinyl to make a floorcloth. What adhesive should I use?

I will then seal the floorcloth with ... water based polyurethane? I read three coats were best.I want to glue fabric to a piece of vinyl to make a floorcloth. What adhesive should I use?
Alisha above is correct, Super 77 a spray adhesive will give you the best hold. Three to five coats of a non-yellowing polyurethane will give you the durability and ability to clean the surface. You can use the spray on kind for ease of application, but I really prefer rolling it on in rather thick coats for floorcloths.I want to glue fabric to a piece of vinyl to make a floorcloth. What adhesive should I use?
Fawn,





To glue the fabric I would use either spray adhesive. ou can buy it at Wal-mart or any Fabric store (Joanne's). It has a good hold once it dries, but it is pliable so you can work with it to make sure you get all the wrinkles out of the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment