Saturday, February 27, 2010

What would be a better photo adhesive to use..glue stick, or double sided tape?

I am organizing all my photos into albums (not scrapbooks). The albums I picked out are plain thick brown paper so I have to stick the photos on with some kinds of adhesive. I want them to stay put for a very very long time and my experience with glue stick has been that sometimes things come a little loose. What do you think would be better for me to use for this project. The glue stick, or the double sided tape. I have no experience using double sided tape, so if you think that is the better choice, give me some tips to make the job easier...please :)What would be a better photo adhesive to use..glue stick, or double sided tape?
I would not use the glue unless it is specifically photo glue. Glue is messy, so it would not be my first choice. The glue stick would be my second choice because I don't think it is a secure, although I have run across a few that were. My first choice would be the double sided tape. It is clean and easy. You could use repositionable in case you ever wanted to change the photos. I know you think you won't, but I thought so also on some of my albums, and it turned out years later I did want to move them. Whatever choice you make, be sure it is acid free. This will protect the pictures from damage.What would be a better photo adhesive to use..glue stick, or double sided tape?
Buy an album with the page protectors ifyou want to avoid this question.








I'd say glue if you are decent at gluing, because tape can mark up the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment