Saturday, February 27, 2010

What type of adhesive or glues can I use to put my rear view mirror back on my window shield to my car?

I have a 98 Pontiac Sunfire and somehow my rear view fell off the window shield of my car....bummer. Anyway, what should I use to stick it back on? And where can I get the materials from without going to the dealership?What type of adhesive or glues can I use to put my rear view mirror back on my window shield to my car?
A good auto store should have sticky double sided pads designed specially for fitting mirrors to windscreen.


Make sure you clean up the mirror and screen before you re-fit itWhat type of adhesive or glues can I use to put my rear view mirror back on my window shield to my car?
ANY car parts store, WalMart.


They make a glue kit just for that.
You can find a kit at any auto parts or discount store. The most important thing is to make sure all the old adhesive is gone and the area is clean or you will eventually be doing it again.
Its Permatex 81844 Rearview Mirror Adhesive, 2 part kit...you can get the details from the site below...
Rear view mirror adhesive. You'll find it in auto parts.
all the other guys are right. any auto parts store has a kit or even walmart. remember that before u put the new one. clean tha surface really well other wise its just gonna fall off again. use a razor and alcohol pads.
Any good 'super glue'; will work - a rear view mirror kit works great as well, check auto parts stores or Wal Mart, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment